Monday, March 15, 2010

NYC

So i spent the weekend in nyc for a trip for my art in context class packing in some full days going to different galleries and museums. It was a rainy weekend for sure. What i wasn't counting on was over stimulation of food desires. Even before I got off the bus I was watching all the restaurants and advertisements drive by. I wanted EVERYTHING. It was sort of rough. In the cold rainy weather with everyone else wanting it, I too really wanted coffee. I almost got some on a few occasions, but I held strong. So what did i eat? I ended up compromising a little. I brought some food and went to a farmers market in the terribly wind and rain, and gave in a little too. By the end of the day, I was soaking wet and exhausted so I picked my battles

Friday:
Breakfast - Eggs and Pancakes (ate at home)
Snack- carrots (precut and part of the two giant bags i brought)
Lunch- Turkey sandwiches with home made bread, misty knoll turkey from when i was in vt, Annie's Mustard from vt, goat cheese from mass
Snack- more carrots
Dinner - white pizza (locally made, probably not local ingredients)
Drinks- Blue Point Beer, gin and tonic (the bar ran out of beer glasses so i gave in and had a cocktail, a lame excuse i admit but it was so tasty, I've gotten rather sick of beer)

Saturday:
Breakfast- Apple Maple Smoothie from the farmers market
Grazing throughout the day- bread from farmers market, juice from farmers market
Early Dinner: Garlic Bread, Hot Chocolate, pizza (locally made but probably not local ingredients)
Snack: the turkey from my uneaten turkey sandwhich

Sunday:
Breakfast- Toast (homemade) with strawberry rhubarb jam
Late Brunch: Tomato Eggs, Homefries, bacon, salad, toast
Snack: Carrots
Dinner: Vermont Fresh pasta (from when i was home) tomato sauce, pesto
Dessert: French Vanilla Ice cream (Made in Cambridge)

Today:
Breakfast: Apple, Cheddar, goat cheese omelette
Lunch: Pasta with tomato sauce
Dinner: Pasta with tomato sauce and beef, cheese quesadilla with home made corn tortillas and cabot cheddar (from when i was home)
Dessert: Butterworks yogurt with maple syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment