Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Soup!


I made a delicious french onion soup also with purple cabbage. Sounds gross maybe but reallly good. I saw cabbage today and cringed, and bought it. I had never cooked cabbage before. So i sliced it up for my soup and started munching on some raw cabbage. BIG SURPRISE to me. I love cabbage, and had to stop munching before there wasn't any left! I'm constantly amazed at how much i like the food that have always seemed gross to me. I was listening to a thing today that was talking about how we developed the defense mechanism of being disgusted to keep us from eating things that could kill us, but i fail to see how being grossed out by beets and cabbage was designed to keep me from dying when they are actually very tasty. and look really cool. The cabbage gave my soup a great deep purple/red broth.

1 comment: