Monday, February 8, 2010

1 week down, 7 more to go!

Yay! 1 week down. It feels like its been longer, but I'm getting used to going without things and trying to stay focused and zen like. I survived a Superbowl bbq last night by bring my own beef to make burgers and resisting tasty bean dips and fried food.

To start the new week I weighed myself again and i weighed 152 pounds, gained 1 pound from last week. I found this interesting since I was expecting to lose weight, but I had a pretty high fat diet this week and also had a few beer a few nights. So I'll try to moderate that more this week and see how it goes.

I don't know if I've mentioned that I run daily during the week, but my friend Steve suggested I do this 5k race on st patty's day as sort of a simultaneous fitness goal. Its mid march, so not quite the end of the local eating but towards the end. SO I'm gonna go time myself on my 5k loop around the reservoir and see how my time is since i've been running inside.

Gotta go bundle up now!

1 comment:

  1. Jena,

    I think what your doing is great, I'm seriously thinking about trying this myself when I get back to the UK, I'm currently living in Abu Dhabi, Near Dubai. The majority of the fresh food here is flown in from Australia, USA and South Africa - To name a few. I'm sure you could live off the local produce here although with the landscape been mostly desert its hard to grow local produce. However, Like I said, I'm moving back to the UK at the end of February where I'd like to take on a personal challenge like this. Keep it up!

    Warm Regards

    James Salt

    http://bit.ly/aowmXR - Blog
    http://bit.ly/cDIg3v - Facebook

    james_salt@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete