Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ketchup (can i make my own?)

So I'm a bit behind on updating. The weekend had some great moments and some epic fails on my part. Videos to come soon, I've been filming with real cameras instead of photobooth ha. So once they are edited and lovely I will post them.

So part of what I think could be the more interesting side of the project is the failings (not a reason to say slipping up is okay) but I feel if I'm not honest about things, this will all kind of unravel.

So saturday night at Hannah's she ordered chinese food late night. I couldn't resist, she got sesame chicken, beef teriyaki, crab rangoons and shrimp fried rice. So indulged and it was delicious. I have no excuse, but I feel rather guilty. To make matters worse, in the morning my stomach hurt so bad I felt like I was hungover, even though I hadn't drank.

Sunday Hannah came with me to Methuen to drop my kitties off to get neutered (happy valentines day to my fav. boys) and we went to her house nearby where her parents took us out to breakfast. This was became complicated as I didn't feel like I could not eat despite the restaurant not having local food. But at the same time I was starving and 45 minutes from my house. So I had eggs benedict with chocolate milk, as not to be offensive to her parents. But then I started thinking, what IF? What if I defied social norms to make a statement and people got uncomfortable? I think this could be something really interesting to explore. So while I was again guilty for eating non local food (Other localvores have made the rule that if someone invites you, its okay), I also became excited for the possibilities of pushing people out of their comfort zone, maybe i get a lipstick camera or something?! (this would mean i would have to wear lipstick so i dunno about that one....)

Anyway, later that same night I had valentines day cookies that hannah made and fundip. I was willing to let the cookies slide because she made them and it was valentines day but the fundip was bad. really bad. like maybe the worst. but i guess not as bad as the chinese food. Anyway I spent the rest of the night feeling terribly for doing it.

On the subject of guilt I've come to the conclusion that its shitty that I slipped up but its also part of the project to see the human failings of someone trying to resist the consumerism of food. That said, I will try really hard to not let it happen again.

BUT I didn't make my own ravioli on sunday with the fabulous help of sarah joy! it took about three hours but we ended up with tasty whole wheat sweet potato and formage blanc cheese ravioli with a home made tomato sauce and salad.

I also made popcorn. yuuuummmmmmy

Monday -
Breakfast- left over popcorn
lunch- roasted chicken with left over salad
snack - carrots. also sourdough bread!!! that I baked myself from my sourdough starter! Really tasty real legit looking bread!
dinner - left over ravioli in a sweet potato sauce.
dessert- apple muffins! The sourdough starter is great for baking almost anything!!

Today

Breakfast - toast with butter and homemade apple muffin
snacks - muffins
lunch- salad with tomato, onion, and chicken
dinner- home made chicken soup with onions and potatoes
dessert- muffins.

I don't know if you can tell, but im really into the muffins. Its sort of an issue, I have no self control over tasty baked goods these days (or ever really)

Best

No comments:

Post a Comment