Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 2

Day two is almost done. My body is missing grains and greens.... I need to forage again soon. The great thing so far though is that everyone wants to help me find food! I've gotten a lot of good suggestions of places to go and had some good conversation. Thanks to the blog a lot of people are finding out about and asking me how the project is going, yay!

I decided to move the blog over to blogspot so people can comment. I would really love to hear what people have to say and I think making it more interactive and a conversation could be integral to the project.

Today I got local milk from whole foods which comes from Crescent Ridge Farm in Sharon, MA - 22 miles (I'm actually drinking a glass right now!)

Also got some more Hydroponic Tomatoes from American Hydroponics in Hopkington, MA - 27.9 miles


Today I ate:

Breakfast- finished off my non local yogurt, also had local eggs from The Country Hen Hubbardston, MA - 63.9 miles.

Snack - Apple from Clark Brothers Orchard in Ashfield, MA - 115 miles

Lunch- left over butternut squash soup (squash from Joe Czajkowski Farms Hadley, MA - 115 miles, Apple Cider from Box Mill Farms Stow, MA - 23.7 miles, onion from Long Plain Farm in Whately, MA - 107 miles, Apple from Clark Brothers Orchard in Ashfield, MA - 115 miles, left over milk, Vermont Maple Syrup)

Dinner- Beef and tomatoey stew thing (Beef from River Rock Farm in Brimfield, MA - 60.9 miles, Onions from Long Plain Farm in Whately, MA - 107 miles, Hydroponic Tomatoes from American Hydroponics in Hopkington, MA - 27.9 miles, also some left over garlic and oregano)

Glass of milk from Crescent Ridge Farm in Sharon, MA - 22 miles (Also drank some milk in the car while looking for a parking space on the way home because I was really hungry)

Other than that I am DYING for chocolate chip cookies.....and my tummy hurts from drinking too much milk.

any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment