Saturday, February 13, 2010

Wayland Farmers Market!

I got up early today to go to the Wayland Farmers Market, and man was it worth it! Its located in a garden supply store, so all the stands are in the greenhouses! Besides it feeling like you are food shopping in a tropical paradise, its beautiful light for making pictures! Horray! I had a great time buying food and making pictures and talking to tons of curious people about my camera and project. I was able to connect with Mark from Red Fire Farm, where Zach gets his CSA, to go visit the farm and photograph! There was even a local tea stand, but i was out of cash by that point, so another time. They will be there a couple more saturdays. I'm not sure why it doesn't keep going. Most of the venders were selling greens grown in greenhouses, root veggies from storage, hand crafted foods, and breads.

I happily bought red potatoes, sweet potatoes, spinach, garlic, carrots, red kernel pop corn, formage blanc cheese, and haddock. (See Reference page for where everything is from)

Additionally from the garden supply store I got Alfalfa and Chickapee seeds to grow sprouts! Hurray!

On another adventure, Anna and I went to get me a chicken from Owen's Poultry Farm in Needham! I also got eggs, and blackberry Jam.

I have a lot of food to work with now that is awesome, I stocked up on the potatoes!! (which i have been in search of...) Tomorrow I'm going to roast the chicken which I can use for sandwiches, soup, ect. My dear friend Sarah is coming for lunch and I'm going to try making sweet potato ravioli! I'm also considering trying to make tortillas at some point.....

Today I ate:
Breakfast - 1 egg (Lally Farms in Hanover, MA - 26 miles) with toast (homemade bread) and butter (High Lawn Farm in Lee, MA - 121 miles)

Lunch - Sweet potato (Red Fire Farm in Granby, MA - 80.9 miles) with butter (High Lawn Farm in Lee, MA - 121 miles) and salt (Maine Salt Company in Marshfield, ME - 326 miles)

Dinner- Haddock (Globe Fish Co. in Boston, MA - 7.8 miles) with Garlic Bread (Homemade Bread, butter from High Lawn Farm in Lee, MA - 121 miles, Garlic from Red Fire Farm in Granby, MA - 80.9 miles) and Mulled Cider (Carlson Orchards in Harvard, MA - 45 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment